Tips to Self Love & Self Appreciation .
Self-appreciation & Self-love
21 Tips To Follow
1. Begin your day with love (not technology). Remind yourself of your worthiness before getting out of bed. Breathe and do it consciously. It is a very good exercise for practicing staying present.
2. Take time to meditate and journal. Spend time focusing inward daily. Begin with five minutes of journaling. Very tough indeed (I do enjoy my sleep but I will endeavor to start doing this)
3. Talk yourself happy. Use affirmations to train your mind to become more positive. If you can catch yourself thinking negatively about yourself; you are already almost there. Remember you are worthy of love.
4. Get emotionally honest. Let of go of numbing your feelings. Shopping, eating, and drinking is examples of avoiding discomfort, sadness, and pain. Mindfully breathe your way through your feelings and emotions. Staying with uncomfortable emotions and feeling them fully has been a revelation to me. Afterwards, I tend to feel a real sense of accomplishment and peace. Being honest with yourself is part of self-love.
5. Expand your interests. Try something new. Learn a language. Go places you’ve never been. Do things you haven’t done before. You have a right to an awesome life.
6. Enjoy life enhancing activities. Find an exercise you like. Discover healthy foods that are good for you. Turn off technology for a day and spend time doing things that make you feel alive.
7. Become willing to surrender. Breathe, relax, and let go. You can never see the whole picture. You don’t know what anything is for. Stop fighting against yourself by thinking and desiring people and events in your life should be different. Your plan may be different from your soul’s intentions. Surrendering and accepting what is actually allows you to stay in control and gives you a sense of calm.
8. Work on personal and spiritual development. Be willing to surrender and grow. Life is a journey. We are here to learn and life will give you exactly the experiences needed for your growth. One step at a time is enough to proceed forward.
9. Own your potential. Love yourself enough to believe in the limitless opportunities available to you. Take action and create a beautiful life for yourself.
10. Be patient with yourself. Let go of urgency and fear. Relax and transform striving into thriving. Trust in yourself, do good work and you will be rewarded.
11. Live in appreciation. Train your mind to be grateful. Appreciate your talents, beauty, and brilliance. Love your imperfectly perfect self. Practising gratitude in all aspects of your life brings about abundance. Be grateful even when it is hard.
12. Be guided by your intuition. All answers come from within. Look for signs and pay attention to your gut feelings. You’ll hear two inner voices when you need to make a decision. The quiet voice is your higher self; the loud voice is your ego. Always go with the quieter voice.
13. Do what honors and respects you. Don’t participate in activities that bring you down. Don’t allow toxic people in your life. Love everyone, but be discerning on who you allow into your life.
14. Accept uncertainty. Suffering comes from living in the pain of the past or the fear of the future. Put your attention on the present moment and be at peace.
15. Forgive yourself. Learn from your mistakes and go forward. Use this affirmation, “I forgive myself for judging myself for __________ (fill in the blank i.e.: for getting sick, for acting out, for not doing your best.)
16. Discover the power of fun. Self-love requires time to relax, play, and create face-to-face interaction with others. Our fast-paced world creates a goal setting, the competitive craziness that doesn’t leave room for play. Dr. Stuart Brow says, “The opposite of play isn’t work, it is depression.”
17. Be real. Speak up and speak out. Allow yourself to be seen, known, and heard. Get comfortable with intimacy (in-to-me-see).
18. Focus on the positive. Go to your heart and dwell on and praise yourself for what you get right in all areas.
19. Become aware of self-neglect and rejection. Become conscious of your choices. Ask yourself several times throughout the day, “Does this choice honor me?”
20. Imagine what your life would look like if you believed in your worth. Dedicate your life to loving you. Make it your main event.
21. Seek professional help. Self-rejection and neglect are painful. You deserve to be happy. You have a right to be accepted and loved. If necessary, seek help from a support group, counselor, or coach. It’s the best investment you can make.
You are worthy!
Always Stay Sweet